WVU Medicine - United Hospital Center in Bridgeport, WV seeks board certified/eligible internists for our hospitalist medicine service. Ideal candidates will possess excellent interpersonal, diagnostic and clinical skills. Responsibilities include coverage of an open, 20-bed ICU. Proficiency in placement of central lines preferred. Other procedural skills are welcome, but not required.
United Hospital Center is the only hospital in WV to receive Top 100 honors in two separate, data-driven surveys by Fortune/IBM Watson Health and the Lown Institute. These rankings are based upon criteria such as patient and clinical outcomes, operational efficiency and financial health. UHC is a member of WVU Medicine, West Virginia’s premier provider of advanced specialty care and the state’s only academic medical center. WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system. Through its sixteen hospitals, five institutes, and many affiliates, WVU Medicine provides comprehensive healthcare services to all of West Virginia, Southeast Ohio, Western Maryland, and Southwest Pennsylvania.
Practice Opportunity Details:
- Non-profit, 300 bed new hospital facility
- Collegial work environment with full spectrum of specialists on consult
- Day and Night opportunities available with flexible scheduling
- Recruitment incentives available for multi-year commitment
- Competitive compensation plan and paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits provided by WVU Medicine
- 403B retirement match program with optional 457B plan
- Short term disability plan covering 100% base salary for up to 6 months
Home to government and private enterprises such as the FBI, oil and gas, aerospace and health care, it is an economically strong and vibrant community. Located just under 2 hours south of Pittsburgh, PA and within easy driving distance of several mid-Atlantic and Midwest cities, Bridgeport offers residents the best of small town America with top ranked public schools and access to incredible recreational opportunities.
Send CV and cover letter to Laura Blake, Director of Physician Services at email@example.com.
We are an EOE/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veteran status or other protected status.